The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Been A While...

I didn't even realize that it's been almost two weeks since I last posted...It's crazy...











Anyway, last weekend was pretty productive. I got to go home and work on my chair reupholstery project! It took a little while, and a LOT of luck, but we got it finished! I
would go into all of the great details and stories and stuff, but it's pretty late and I just don't feel like typing that much. So here are some photos of the chair now (to see what it started out as, click here). I'm definitely pleased with how it turned out, especially since I did it myself (with a little help from my mom!) from an online tutorial.

Since I was at home and I don't have classes on Monday, I didn't come back to school until Monday afternoon. Sadly, this means that I wasn't able to get any sewing done for this week, but considering the chair project needs to be finished before the end of the month, I feel that that easily took precedence. Currently, I have a stack of 7 garments waiting to be constructed/finished in my sewing room at home. I'll be going home again next weekend for fall break, so I have no doubt that I'll be able to get them finished up then (expect a barrage of finished garment posts!).

For this Monday (which I'm barely thinking of since this weekend is Homecoming and I'm making sure my fraternity stays on top of the events for that), I'm planning on finishing up the sewing of my Copper Half Sleeve Jacket and maybe overcasting another pair of pants if I can. I do also want to finally get started on my Gold Satin Taffeta A-line Gown, because I always feel more accomplished when I have a gorgeous fancy dress at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment