The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Successful Monday...

Well, for the most part. I am happy to say that I'm not longer deathly sick and was therefore able to work on some sewing! I sewed most of the Copper Half Sleeve Jacket but had to leave for a Phi Sigma Pi event before I finished it. I'm hoping to finish it before I go home for the weekend...It's a pretty crazy week though. It's my fraternity's second Rush week, so we have a lot of events where we try to get people to come out and learn about us and join! Tonight our event was a Play-Doh sculpting activity! It was lots of fun!


I also thought you might be interested in seeing my collection of letter clothing! This actually isn't up to date. The day after I took this photo I painted letters on a dress that I barely wear. Hopefully I'll wear it more now that it has letters on it!





In other news, I've discovered that Wal-Mart now sells 5 yard bolts of fabric for only $5!! So far I've bought three...One is a wine red synthetic fabric. It's hard to describe it, but it has a really nice suede like feel to it, and is pretty lightweight. The second one is a cotton print (a print!) with a cream colored background and red, green, and teal painted flowers on it. I plan to use these two to make a Halloween costume similar to this dress from The Patriot. If I have time, that is.

The other bolt is a synthetic fabric meant to be like chiffon. There were two the first time I went, but by the time I returned to purchase them, there was only the one left. I was originally planning a full length flowy ruched gown. Now I'm planning for a knee-length one. Maybe I'll get lucky and have enough for the long one, though. There are 5 yards, after all. This dress will be for the annual fashion show that the Black Student Union puts on at my college. I was in it last year, and they asked me to be in it this year as well. I only wear clothing that I've made in the show, and one of the segments is called "Fireworks." It's all about bright colors and such, and this "chiffon" is such a bright green (it's much brighter than the photo shows) that I think it would be perfect.

I'm sad to say that I have not yet finished the belt for the Red Hand Knitted Half Sleeve Sweater. I will eventually. Phi Sigma Pi has been at the forefront of my mind this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment