The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Piece #9 and Outfit #3 Finished!

Well, it's about a week and a half late, but here it is! Now you can finally see my ninth garment. Holy crap, there's still so much farther to go...

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for my first three piece outfit (thanks to my roommate for unknowingly letting me use her full length mirror)!

I really like my sketch, although it seems clear that in the sketch the tank top fabric is much more fluid. The fabric I used is too stiff to get the right effect. The sweater is a bit bulkier than what I sketched, as well. I actually don't mind that difference, though. The sweater I made is SO WARM! I can't wait to wear it on a chilly fall/winter day!
















I'm a bit disappointed at what happens when the entire outfit is worn together in real life. The silver tank is much longer than I thought it would be, which makes the shorts (and my legs) look rather squat and wide. The long shirt also hides the pocket details in the front and back. Definitely some thing I'll have to fix. All in all, the only thing I'm not happy with in this outfit is the tank top, which should be a relatively easy fix.

The shorts fit very well, although I had originally wanted a wider hem line than what I was able to get. I love the pocket!

I'm not even sure on all the stats on this one...

Total Hours Logged: 3 I think...it's hard to say since I had to stop for a week to get thread...

Fabric: 6oz denim, (I think the color was called "indigo") about 2 yards

Notions: a 7" metal zipper which I had to cut down to about 5", and 3 buttons which will make an appearance at some point

Cost: somewhere around $30

Yay for slow progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment