The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sick...

Well, today is supposed to be my day for sewing. Unfortunately, I came down with an awful cold yesterday and have since decided that today is for rest and drinking my body weight in water (well...maybe a little less than that...). I figured that would be a better idea than touching all my stuff and getting everything germy.

I know, I know, but what does this mean for my fashion line? However am I to finish everything if I keep missing my Monday workdays!? Never fear, my trusty readers; I did a lot of sewing on Saturday. Well, overcasting, really. I finished overcasting the pieces for the Wideleg Grey Suiting Trousers, as well as the Copper Half Sleeve Jacket. Both of these garments I'll be able to sew here, so I'm rather excited about that. Now I just have to wait until I'm healthy again.

In other news, I have finally finished knitting the second sleeve of the Red Hand Knitted Half Sleeve Sweater. The only thing left now is to knit a belt. I'm already about 10 inches into it, so it shouldn't take too long. I was knitting that yesterday, so it's already germy. Pictures soon!

I also sewed together the pieces for the garment I wanted to make with my school t-shirts. I don't want to talk about it.

Also, my camera is broken. I still have no idea how it happened. If you could leave a message to my mom asking very nicely for her to reward me for my 4.0 during the summer semester with a new camera, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment