The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Piece #14 Finished!

And now, the long awaited post featuring the Copper Half-Sleeve Jacket! I know, I know, I really should keep more up to date. Maybe I will later...

Anyways, here it is! I really love the way it turned out for the most part. There are only a few things that I need to change/fix. Mainly I would say that the little belt is awful. The fabric I used has a one way stretch (which I didn't notice until I started sewing with it), and I cut the belt in just the wrong way. my plan is to recut it in the opposite direction so it doesn't curl so stupidly as it does now. I've tried pressing the curling out, but it's not doing anything, so I'll just start over.










I'm also not pleased with my hem, but that's easily fixed! It's a little too high so the jacket makes me look shorter. Not okay. Eventually I'll rehem it. No big deal.

Other than that, I love it! I still can't believe I found this fabric at all (much less in JoAnn's on the clearance rack!), and I love the way it changes in the light. It's so cool. I'm definitely proud of this piece and can't wait to wear it once I graduate!!

Total Hours Logged: approximately 8 1/2 hours. I haven't done a lining for a jacket before, so that took up some time

Fabric: Copper Metallic Suiting Fabric (with one-way stretch!) 3 yards

Notions: soon to be 5 buttons

Cost (not including time): about $15!!

No comments:

Post a Comment