The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Piece #15 Finished!

And now for what I did today:

Say hello to my new Wideleg Grey Suiting Trousers (sorry for the HORRIBLE photos)!! I've had these overcasted for who knows how long, and they've just been sadly watching me for the past several weeks as I ignored them and left them at the bottom of a pile. I'm sorry, pants. As an apology, I decided to make you today.







They're significantly wider than I expected, due to my super wide hips (comparative to the rest of my figure). I'm not sure if this makes me look shorter or not, but it definitely can't help that they're at least 4 inches too long and I'm stepping on them... I'm going to have to wait to hem them until my mom can be there to pin them up for me. Other than that, and adding buttons, which I still have to shop for, they're done!

Total Hours Logged: 5

Fabric: Denim-Look Grey Suiting about 2 1/2 yards

Notions: 7 inch zipper cut to about 5 inches, soon to be 3 buttons

Cost (not including time): about $15

No comments:

Post a Comment