The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just A Few Things Before I Go...

Well, I leave for college on Friday, and I'm almost finished packing (okay, okay, I'm maybe halfway done...but it's progress). I'm a little behind on some fun projects, so here goes (with big pictures!)...




















This weekend was my sister-in-law's baby shower. My parents gave her and my brother a lot of the main furniture they'll need (crib, changing table, bassinet) and refinished what needed it. Carrie (my sister-in-law) also had a rocking chair that my mom stained and refinished. We found some nice blue cushions for it, and my mom thought it would be neat to make a little pillow to sit on it. Carrie loves owls, so it was an easy decision to make an owl pillow.

I wanted to make sure that Hannah (Carrie's 5 year old daughter) didn't feel left out, so I made her a matching owl pillow. Aren't they cute!? I'm sure that by the end of the shower, Hannah got cupcakes on her pillow, but what do you expect? She's 5 and adorable!

The shower was held at my aunt's house, because she lives in the same town as Ben (my brother) and Carrie. It's about two and a half hours away from my house, so my parents and I stayed the night. I needed something to sleep in, so I whipped up my crazy Louisiana pajamas!

























Aren't they just awful!? It's hysterical! I kind of feel like a pink, pointy cow... Anyways, the sweatshirt/pajama top has a hood and two pockets on the front (not that you can tell due to the insane print). The pants have inseam pockets. I cut the pieces rather loosely from the pattern, and it worked out for the most part. The only issue I have is with the pants. They're almost too short, even though I lengthened the pattern at least two inches. I'll never be able to put these in the dryer. Oh well, I still love them in the way that they're ridiculous and insane.

Today I started working on my Knee Length Darkwash Denim Shorts. They'd be finished right now, but I ran out of thread! So, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to pick some up and finish them. I'll post the pictures then!

No comments:

Post a Comment