The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Sign...

Well, it's almost 5:00 in the morning. I realize that I often write at strange, early hours of the day, but this time, the strange hour adds to the hilarity of what's just happened to me.

I've arrived at college, by the way, and all of my stuff is happily put away exactly where I planned for it to go (my mom didn't believe that it would all fit). Approximately 5 hours after I finished moving in, once everything was in its place, I noticed that my campus ID was missing. My ID is what gets me food, and building access, so not having it is a rather large problem. I have a few bowls of mac and cheese, though, so in reality there was no reason for me to have to leave the building for food or anything for at least another day, and my classes don't start until Tuesday, so it didn't seem like too dire of a problem.

I decided to let it be and go to sleep. As it turns out, this is completely impossible when you're worried that you won't be able to eat or leave your dorm ever. So, I began a very thorough search of my room, starting at the wall by the window and moving over from there.

Where did I find it? Hiding among the knitting for the Off-White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress. I haven't worked on it in over a month, so I feel that it's probably a sign that I should start knitting it again.

I'm barely 10% of the way done with it and I'm already losing things in its bulk. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when it's done?!

No comments:

Post a Comment