The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Piece #8 Finished!

Drumroll please...OOH! You know what would be better than a drum roll!? A trumpet fanfare!

[Insert trumpet fanfare]

Tada! My first pair of jeans! These in particular are the Wideleg Lightwash Denim Jeans (the term "lightwash" being relative to the other, darker wash of denim that I purchased). Well, it took a while to get here, but I wanted to make sure that I would get them right before I went and cut into my denim. As it turns out, they're the most perfect jeans I've ever put on! I think I may never shop for pants of any kind ever again. It would just be a waste of this fantastic pattern I've been slaving over.

Seriously, though, my butt looks great! Actually, the picture was to show off my pocket placement and shape, but it doesn't show up well...

I'm a little upset that the details and the seams aren't as apparent as they are on store bought jeans, but I realize that this is because store bought jeans are distressed at every crease point. Does anyone know of an easy way to achieve this effect? I'd definitely like it for the pockets so they stand out more.



As with the Black Satin Vest, these jeans aren't totally done, because they're missing the button, and they're also not hemmed. Since I don't have a hanging mannequin (...yet...), I have to be wearing the pants to get the hem right, which means that I'll need a lovely assistant to get all of my hemming done right. That'll be later, though. For now, I'll just stay focused on getting the bulk of the sewing done. Details are for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment