The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Piece #7 and Outfit #2 Finished!

Yes, you read right, I've finally gotten another outfit finished! It only took me a month...

Anyways, This post is about the Black Satin Vest, which will be shown over the Red Jersey A-line Dress. For the dress I used the same pattern I'm using on the jackets and coat, but I edited the neckline, armholes, and the length.





This vest gave me a number of issues. The main one was probably that it's the first piece that I've had to deal with lining on I didn't use a facing around the edges, so I ended up topstitching around the edges to keep the silver lining from showing through. In the end I'm pleased with it, although it could definitely use a good pressing...

The vest is waiting on buttons, because I haven't bought any for the entire line yet, so technically it's not done, but I'm listing it anyways. I think I'm sticking buttons in the category along with sequins, beads, and any painted designs I choose to go with. Details, details...

I really thought adding the chain detail on the back would look cool, but they're improperly placed and just remind me of some kind of biker wannabe when I pair it with the red. I was going to move them down about three inches, but now I think it would look better to just remove them entirely. I just think it'll be better for everyone that way...

Total Hours Logged: I honestly am not sure at all, but I'm guessing that it would be somewhere around 4 without including making the pattern and testing it

Fabric: Black Crepe Back Satin and Silver Lining Fabric approximately 3/4 yard each

Notions: small chain which will be removed, 3 buttons which will be added

Cost: under $20

No comments:

Post a Comment