The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Piece #3 Finished!!

I know, I know, it's been far too long since I finished a piece, but I have been working hard on patterns, so perhaps it's not such a bad thing...

Anyways, the newest finished piece is the Red Jersey A-line Dress (formerly talked about here). There's really no excuse for why I didn't finish this earlier, other than that it got lost for about a week after the move from campus (it was hidden among the other fabric).

The skirt hits just above my knee, and the sleeves happily end in the crook of my elbow when my arms are bent. I'm really happy with how this turned out. All of the edges are finished (which is quite annoying to do with stretch fabric), and it fits great. It looks like a normal T-shirt when it's hanging, and it feels just as comfortable as one! The only downside is that it is jersey, so it shows any lumps that I happen to have. I'm still planning on making a slip at some point.

Total Hours Logged: About 5 (including drafting the pattern and testing it--without that, it probably took about an hour and a half)

Fabric: Red Jersey (rayon/spandex mix) between 2 and 2 1/2 yards

Notions: none

Cost: under $20

No comments:

Post a Comment