The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Unproductive Weekend...

Well, what can you expect? Not only have I just gotten home from school (and still haven't unpacked anything!), but it was a holiday weekend (happy birthday, America!). I mean, technically I got home on Friday night, but it was too late then to do anything--I basically just collapsed on my bed. My brother, sister-in-law, and niece arrived on Saturday to spend the night, and, come on! It's impossible to be productive in any way when you have an adorable 5 year old running around! Today my parents and I went to a family picnic with a very small portion of my mom's side of the family, and didn't get back until 10:00 pm. I would start working on something now, but riding around in a car for two hours at a time is somehow very tiring! I didn't get to see fireworks (no, mom, it does not count if you see them from the highway as you pass a town!), which really makes me sad, but it was still a really fun day.

I have done a bit of work, I suppose. I've gotten a few more rounds in on the Off White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress, so in a few days I should be ready to increase again...yay...

I started on the pattern for my Grey Modified Suiting Sheath Dress, which is done in a princess cut pattern. I'm using a pattern that I already have to get the basic shapes, but I need to alter it a lot. I have a high waist (generally, the waist hits right about where the elbow bends, but my waist is about an inch and a half above it) and a long torso, which really throws off just about every pattern I'll ever make. Great. When I was measuring myself for the pants pattern the other day, the back of the pattern said that I should be wearing a size 26 because my waist is so damn high! As if I'm going to wear pants all the way up there! Geez! So it's definitely a good thing that I ripped apart that pair of jeans so I can use it to make a proper pants pattern...Anyway, my to do list is kind of long...I've been pretty busy with other stuff for the past week:
  • finish Red Jersey A-Line Dress
  • make sleeves and belt for Red Hand Knitted Half Sleeve Sweater
  • choose edging for Black Satin 4 Square Dress and construct
  • make muslins for wideleg jeans and princess cut sheath dress
  • draft pattern for princess cut jacket/coat
  • plus, of course, the daily round or two on my Off White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress
Wish me luck! I just might need it...

1 comment:

  1. the fireworks from the car on the way home were beautiful :}

    ReplyDelete