The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Piece #19 and Outfit #5 Finished!














This piece is the Darkwash Denim Dress. It's the newest one that I added, because I always wanted a cute little denim dress, and I had enough fabric left over to make one. It was a really quick piece as far as the designing and patternmaking went.








I don't have an official drawing ready yet, because I only decided to add the dress a week ago, but I did do a small sketch before I chose the pattern. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but the dress turned out really well and pretty much looks just like the sketch.

I used the top of the Gold Satin Taffeta A-line Gown and then improvised a square skirt for the bottom. It's a very cute dress and I really like how I feel in it.

Total Hours Logged: probably 8

Fabric: 6 oz indigo denim, 2 1/2 yards

Notions: 18" metal zipper

Cost: around $30

No comments:

Post a Comment