The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pieces #22, 23, and 24 Finished!

Again, this post is a compilation because these pieces are so similar. These are the last pairs of pants that I had to do, and, quite honestly, I'm glad to have them all finished. I really like the fact that I finally tackled the project of sewing my own pants, but deciding to make 8 pairs was a lot. I don't especially want to sew another pair of jeans or trousers for a while. I'm really proud of what I have accomplished thus far, though, and I'm pleased that they've all turned out so well despite a few mistakes (see below).

Bootcut Grey Suiting Pants

Total Hours Logged: 5

Fabric: Denim-Look Grey Suiting about 2 1/2 yards

Notions: 7 inch zipper cut to about 5 inches, trouser hook and eye

Cost (not including time): about $15


Wideleg Black Suiting Trousers

There was a bit of a problem with the black suiting fabric. Since this is really my first experience with some of the fabrics I chose, I was pretty inexperienced when planning how to create some of my garments. My biggest downfall was probably in the cutting of this suiting fabric. When I bought it, I was unaware that it is a one way stretch. Anyone who knows about this kind of fabric would have known to set the stretch horizontal, to give the garment some stretch widthwise. I cut out the pieces with the stretch going lengthwise, which has really made it difficult to work with. Both pairs of pants are far too tight at the top, a problem which I hope to fix with both letting out the seams and working off a few extra pounds. Hopefully I can make them work. If I had enough fabric and time to make them over, I would. I might choose to do so later, but at the moment I'll do my best to deal with them as they are.

Total Hours Logged: 5

Fabric: Caviar Bengaline Suiting about 2 1/2 yards

Notions: 7 inch zipper cut to about 5 inches, trouser hook and eye, soon to be 2 buttons

Cost (not including time): about $15





Bootcut Black Suiting Trousers

Total Hours Logged: 5

Fabric: Caviar Bengaline Suiting about 2 1/2 yards

Notions: 7 inch zipper cut to about 5 inches, trouser hook and eye, soon to be 2 buttons

Cost (not including time): about $15

No comments:

Post a Comment