The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Piece #25 Finished!

This post is for the Grey Suiting Princess Cut A-line Dress. This is one that I added last minute after I took out the Wedding Dress. It's taken from the princess cut jacket pattern I created, but I adapted it for a side zipper and lengthened it a bit. As I was sewing it, I realized that I hadn't cut out a lining or allotted for a facing. To solve the problem, I decided to just use some double fold bias tape to edge the neckline and armholes. I think it worked out well, but I still don't know why I didn't plan facings.

Anyway, the dress is plain and nice, but I'm not convinced that I like it yet. I'll hang it up with all the rest and decide later if it belongs with the rest of the show.

Total Hours Logged: 5

Fabric: Denim-Look Grey Suiting about 2 yards

Notions: 18 inch zipper cut to about 14 inches, 1 packet of black double fold bias tape

Cost (not including time): about $12

No comments:

Post a Comment