The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ugh, I Think I'm Getting Worse at This...

Oh well, I guess there's no use denying it; I'm terrible at regular blogging. Too late now, though.

I've gotten a lot done since I last blogged, though. I did a lot of overcasting, and only have one more garment to do in that respect. If you can believe it, I overcasted the pieces for 6 garments in one day! Even I can barely believe that happened, and I did it! I did that on Monday, so I was ready to start sewing on Tuesday.

Once I got the overcasting done, everything else has been going really quickly. I finished my last two pairs of jeans on Tuesday, two more pairs of trousers on Wednesday, and a dress today. Each of these pieces will be displayed in victory posts, as usual. Adding my Red Hand Knitted Sweater (which I finished last week but never told you about) to all of these pieces, I've now finished three more outfits! Again, I'll show you that later.
I went to JoAnn's for hopefully the last time in relation to this project yesterday and finally got all the buttons I'll need. I don't even want to talk about how much I spent on them. Buttons are way too expensive, especially because the pretty ones are the most expensive. I think I ended up with 5 different button designs, (not including the jean style buttons) and I'm really happy with them. I think they all really reflect the intricate detail in gothic architecture. Pictures later!

At this point, I'm at least 4 days ahead of where I originally planned to be, which makes me feel a lot more comfortable with where I am than I otherwise would be. I might get a day or two to actually have a break before I have to start packing to go back to school!

In other fun news, I got myself a new full size ironing board! I've been working with a half size one forever, which is okay, but I've always wanted a bigger one. I got a gift card for Target for Christmas and decided to treat myself to a nice new board. I'll probably still take my smaller one to school with me, but it's nice to have the big one for the actual construction time.

Okay, enough for descriptions today; on to other important posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment