The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Bit Late...

I know, I know; the first of the year was yesterday, but that doesn't mean that I can just ignore the obligatory New Year's resolution blog post! A lot of my resolutions are based on what's going to be happening in my life quite soon (final semester and then graduation), but I'll still put it on the list anyways. It makes me feel so accomplished when I get to cross things off!

First, what TO DO:
1. Finish my line. Obviously this is going to happen whether I want it to or not. I have three weeks left at home to finish 16 more garments (and 3 knitted pieces, but I can do those at school if I need to), and so far I've added 4 days to my sewing time than I originally planned. I might actually get a few days to be on break!

2. Make some more workout clothes. I found a pattern for workout pants that I really like last year, but never got any further than making one pair. I'd like to whip up a pair or two before I go back to school so I have something I'm not ashamed to wear out of my room when I go to the gym (I have a really open schedule this semester, so I'm planning some exercise time).

3. Become friends with prints. I don't know what it is about printed fabric, but I find myself avoiding it a lot. Even that brown metallic plaid weave that I got at JoAnn's intimidates me because I can't think of a thing to make with it (Any suggestions?).

4. Use up some of the fabric in my stash. I don't have a very large stash, but since moving to a new (smaller) house, it's become a lot more than I want hanging around. I'd much rather have fun new clothes than a big pile of fabric that I have to lug around everywhere.

With those in mind, let's talk about what NOT TO DO:
1. I can't keep making dresses just because they're pretty. I have to face it; I live in Pennsylvania. It's usually too cold to wear dresses, and it's just too casual here to wear them all the time anyway. I do have one more formal dance before I graduate, so I'll probably make a dress for that, but I don't want to keep making stuff if I know I won't be able to wear it.

2. Staying up until 2:30 am when I have to be awake by 7. Although I'm sure I'll break this rule at some point, it's still something I need to work on, so I decided to write it down.

Well, that's it for rules. They're not too specific because I know life will change my needs anyway. I wish you all well on your resolutions, too! Don't try to change too much too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment