The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Fabric For My Line...




















If you'll take a look at all of the fabric that I've found so far for my line, you might notice something. Other than the lovely fall coloring, you just might notice that there are no prints or patterns. It seems that I'm afraid of them...who knew?

I am missing two fabrics, which I haven't been able to get yet (I sent back what JoAnn was trying to give me), but they're both solid, too...

Although I definitely can't do anything about it now, it's something I'd like to work on once I'm done with this project. I have no idea why I'm so scared of prints, but I'll fix it. I promise.

Other than discovering my fear of prints, the last few days have been filled with a lot of knitting for my Off-White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress. In one night, I did a week's worth of work and finally increased to the next level. Now there are 2400 stitches on my needles, and they barely fit. I had to buy a set of 60 inch circular needles for the last round. They should be here within the next week. I also made the muslin for the vests, which turned out alright, although there are various changes I want to make to the neckline, to bring it in toward the neck more at the shoulders and open up the armholes.


It's a little tight at the top button, so I might also bring the neckline down a bit to get it off my bust. It fits very well around my waist, though, which I'm quite happy about. I think my favorite part is that the practice vest matches my practice pants! I kind of like the way they look together, although I would prefer if the vest was lined. My finishing isn't as nice as I'd like it to be, but on the real ones that won't be a problem.

I picked up the Red Jersey A-Line Dress again, as well. I haven't quite finished it yet, because I still have to do the hemming, but I was right about my old Singer (Antoinette) doing a better job with the stretch fabric than my Brother. I did the finishing for the neckline, which worked very well. I'll probably finish them tonight, so I'll be posting pictures very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect fit!! You should be very proud of the work pants and vest, they're smart and sure They will have a lot wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really like them. I'm excited to make them with the fabric for my line. =]

    ReplyDelete