The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quick Convertible Dress...

I know I said that I didn't want to do any more sewing like that, and that if I sew anything it should be something for my fashion line, but I really just wanted to make something that I could wear today. I searched through my newly acquired patterns and found one for a convertible jersey dress. I looked at the instruction packet, and it turns out the pattern pieces were just made of two rectangles! The pattern was uncut, and I didn't feel like it was necessary to cut them out, so I improvised with some basic measurements.

I found a coral cotton knit fabric in my stash (yet another fabric that I got from my grandma--she's so nice to me!) that was about two yards long. The pattern calls for about two and a half yards, but I didn't think it would be too big of a deal.

I don't think I was entirely wrong; I definitely had enough to make the dress well, but it's too short for me to feel comfortable in it. I'm always worried that a strong wind will come by and suddenly everyone will be able to see my underwear. No thank you. I also think that the color is a little too light for my skin tone. It would look better on me if the coral color was more saturated.

So, I've decided to try to finally make some money off of this fun little sewing talent of mine, and decided to set up a shop on Etsy. If you're interested in this dress, you can find it here in my Etsy shop.

Other than that, I don't have anything special to post on...I'm running a camp for little kids during the day next week, so by the time I get home I'll probably be too exhausted to sew. Don't be alarmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment