The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oops, Forgot Some Stuff...

I forgot to mention several very important things! First, I've taken away the Off-White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress from my list of garments to make. I won't be able to make it in time, and I want to spend the time I do have focusing on pieces that will definitely be able to be finished.

To replace it, and also because of the large amount of extra fabric I have, I've decided to add two more dresses. One is a Darkwash Denim Dress, which will combine the patterns of the Gold Satin Taffeta A-line Gown with both of the Arch-neck Dresses. The other dress I've added is a Grey Suiting Princess Cut A-line Dress. This essentially takes the princess cut jacket that I designed and makes it a dress. I also redesigned the Grey Modified Suiting Sheath Dress. It's still going to be a sheath dress, but I changed the style of it so that now it's a combination of the pencil skirt pattern and the Arch-neck dress top. Hopefully the end result will be more dynamic than what I had originally designed.

Also, there are two more Christmas presents that I want to share with you!

The first is an assortment of sewing books that will probably come in handy when I get to some of the more detailed pieces (such as the Grey Wool Coat).


I haven't had any time to look at them at any length yet, but I'll try to find some this weekend, if the holiday doesn't take up too much of my time.

I also got a copy of Julia Child's cookbook; Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I don't normally like to cook that much, but I can hardly wait to try out some of these recipes! I want to test some of the appetizers and desserts out on New Year's Eve, as long as I can get the ingredients.


Okay, now that's really everything as far as news, I promise. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment