The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pieces #16 and 17 Finished!

First are the two shirts which have been waiting to be finished for way too long.

The Blue Cotton Long Sleeve V-neck Top is the first one I got done. It's the raglan sleeve version of the shirt pattern that I designed, and I have to say, I'm really pleased with how all of them are turning out. I didn't include the V in the back of this one, which I like a lot. I like that the back neckline isn't completely flat or rounded. I think it's a fun little detail (albeit unintentional).






Total Hours Logged: 1 1/2

Fabric: Royal Interlock Cotton Knit 1 yard

Notions: none

Cost (not including time): about $7






The second shirt is the Blue Cotton Half Sleeve V-neck Top. This one has set in sleeves, which I also like, though not quite as much as the raglan. This is the last shirt that I need to make, so I guess now is where I critique the pattern and the process of the shirts and whatnot. Well, I really like it. I love knowing that I no longer have to rely on shirts and tanktops from stores. It's so much more satisfying to make my own clothes, and it's definitely cheaper in most situations (clearance sales excluded). I don't think I'll stop buying ready to wear shirts entirely, but I'll only buy them if they're extremely on sale ($4 and under). At this point, I'm pretty proud of myself and all the shirts I've made. I'm excited to decorate some of the shirts when I get back to school.

Total Hours Logged: 1 1/2

Fabric: Royal Interlock Cotton Knit 1 yard

Notions: none

Cost (not including time): about $7

No comments:

Post a Comment