The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Well, I Have No Idea...

So now I've been home for two and a half weeks, but I still can't seem to post on a more regular basis. I have no idea...

Anyway, on to the interesting stuff. I've gotten a lot done since I last posted, which makes me very happy. I finished all of the patterns that I had yet to make (pencil skirt, arch-neck dress, princess cut dress and the sheath dress). Once those were finished, I made muslins for the arch-neck dress pattern and the pencil skirt to test the fit. When I made the pattern for the arch neck dress, I automatically added 3 inches to the waistline, like I had to do with the pattern for the princess cut jacket. When I made the muslin to test it, I ended up not needing any of the 3 inches that I had needed before. Weird, huh? Whatever the reason, the pattern works.

Once the patterns were done, I was able to cut out all the remaining garments that I hadn't done yet (the photo is all of the cut garments sitting on my pressing table). It took a long time, and I was vividly reminded of how much I dislike cutting fabric. Seriously, it sucks. Also, I think I need to get my scissors sharpened...but, it's all done now! My next step is to overcast everything before I sew it. I've planned to do all the overcasting and then all the sewing, but I'll probably ignore that and just do one piece a day. I haven't really decided, though. Overcasting is a boring, mindless job, and it's actually pretty exhausting.

Now, on to more important things...

CHRISTMAS GIFTS!!!!!

My parents gave me a Bernina serger!!!!! I'm so excited to use it, but I don't really know how. There are classes offered at the store where by parents found the serger, so I think I'm going to sign up for one before I start to play around with it.








With the serger came some thread for me to get started. I'm so excited to try it, but I have to stay focused on my project.

My other big present was a new digital camera that my lovely boyfriend got me. It'll definitely be nice to have good quality photos rather than the fuzzy phone pictures that I've been taking. I love my new camera so much! I decided to take photos of all of my clothes so far so that I can get a feel of what I have done from a different perspective. Watch out for an inventory post in the days to come!!

Well, that's all I have at the moment, other than several victory posts which I'll be putting up once this one is finished. Have a great New Year's!!


No comments:

Post a Comment