The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Monday, June 20, 2011

CRAP!!!

Well, I'm rather upset. I picked up my Off White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress today to work a few more rows and I discovered that I dropped a stitch.
Back around row 20.
I'm currently at approximately row 50.
There is no way I'm going to try to work that stitch back to the top.
So my plan is to cut a small strip of the yarn and tie it off to a stitch at the increase section (I think I dropped it as I increased). It should work, but still...I'm rather annoyed about it.

Also, I seem to have misplaced my nice fabric cutting scissors. I splurged about a year ago on a nice pair (which are always kept away from anything that isn't fabric), and now I can't find them. I've had to use my nice yet mostly paper cutting pair for the past few days. I hope my good pair are at home...I don't really want to have to buy new ones yet...

In other news, due to the annoying nature of satiny fabrics and their tendencies to fray, my dorm and bed are covered in tiny satiny fibers (there's a significant lack of counter space in my dorm, so I put my ironing board on my bed and ironed there, also I did all of my hand sewing while sitting on my bed. I use it a lot).

Ooh! and on a more fun note, I have two followers! Hi Judy (my mom)! Hi Carrie (my sister-in-law)!

(Fixed it!)

1 comment:

  1. I finally figured out how to leave a comment - so look for some each week ♥ being a follower
    :}

    ReplyDelete