The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Post...

Well, I'm a little late starting this blog, since I've already finished one piece, but I don't mind too much.

The first piece I've finished is the Blue Hand Knitted Fluted Collar Sweater. It probably took me a week to finish (I'm also taking a class online and working on my practicum project for school (I'm designing the logo for a new student run record label being brought to campus by the music business club), so I don't have a lot of time to work on everything), and I'm really proud of it. The sleeves end at the crease in the elbow, which is exactly where I want them, and the collar lays perfectly. Underneath it will go the Silver Satin Tank, which I plan to make next.

I've also started on the Off White Hand Knitted Gown/Wedding Dress, which will probably take me the next 9 months to finish (I did the math, and it will take me a total of 482 hours just to finish the skirt if I work at a perfectly consistent pace (yeah right!). And that doesn't even include the top!). It's coming along pretty well, and I think it'll look really great. I'm trying to get one round done every night so that I don't have to do a lot of knitting later...

I'm also working on the Red Hand Knitted Half Sleeve Sweater, which I'm making from a pattern that I designed myself! I'm very excited about this one, because it's the first knitting pattern I've ever made, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. =]

Today, however, I did not work on either of those things. About a week ago, I ripped a pair of jeans, so today I started to rip the seams apart so I can use them to make my pants patterns. =] I didn't get too far, though; jeans are made really well! Tomorrow will most likely be spent reading, writing a paper, and visiting some important people in reference to my project. Sadly, I probably won't be able to get much work done for my line. I'll make sure to post more when I get around to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment