The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Question...

I'm going to start writing the pattern for my Gold Hand Knitted Fluted Collar Cardigan, and I can't decide on what stitch to use for it. I used stocking stitch for the Red Hand Knitted Half Sleeve Sweater, but it seems too plain to use for a whole cardigan, especially since I won't be using any rib knitting anywhere.




















From right to left, the stitches are: Rice, Bamboo, Seed, and Stocking (the needles/pen mark the stitch changes). The image is flipped on its side, so tilt your head to the right when you're looking at it. The colors are also completely wrong; the yarn is actually a bright, mustardy yellow. I have no idea why my phone came up with this color...

I quite like the Bamboo stitch, especially because I could combine it with Stocking stitch easily and spread it out, although I think the Rice stitch is cute too (although, maybe too bumpy?)

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I like the bamboo and seed, but I know nothing about knitting :} ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the seed, but I have a hard time imagining the whole cardigan in any of the designs entirely. Which did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet... I'm still considering. I think I might have to knit bigger test squares.

    ReplyDelete