The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Well, Guess Not...

I got a message from my friend today. The transmission in her fiancee's car went bad, so they won't be able to drive here and get married (she really wants me to be there--otherwise they wouldn't have a witness--so they planned on driving here and getting married at the courthouse near the college). They're thinking about postponing it until the fall so they can come up while I'm here next semester. Bummer.

Despite the ceremony not happening tomorrow, I'm still working on her dress. I've sewn it all together and am currently sewing the zipper (wonderful hand sewn zipper instructions here). I've realized that I need to spend more time working on my hand stitches. The backstitches came out beautifully, but it looks more like I killed a cat than a catstitch (herringbone). I'm not quite halfway done yet, so maybe they'll get better. More pictures soon!

Listening to music I recently pulled off of http://www.onegirlandheripod.com/. I think I've found my musical soulmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment