The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Music Schpeel!

Music is pretty important to me, and what I listen to tends to affect the kind of stuff I make/the quality of the stuff I make, so I definitely think that including what I'm listening to is an important part of the sewing process that needs to be documented.

Ever since I first learned of Adele and her song "Rolling In The Deep", I've completely fallen in love with the song, and it seems like the rest of the world has, too! Has anyone noticed all of the RITD covers out? I mean, seriously, 21 has only been out since November of 2010, and it already has so many covers out! I've pretty much loved almost every version that's come out, too! For your listening pleasure, here's a list of my favorites (I only took into account videos that were professionally recorded. I didn't feel like listening to home videos of kids singing this song), and two that I didn't like so much. Great sewing soundtrack for the day. Love the versatility of this song.

LIKES (if you don't want to click on the links individually, I made a RITD video playlist of my likes here)
  • Adele - The one who started it all. <3
  • John Legend - The original a cappella version of this song.
  • Glee - I really like that the original group is doing a cappella things. The duet part is a nice addition, too.
  • Alex Goot, Justin Robinett, and Michael Henry - By far my favorite. I love that they gave each song a new sound, and that they made an Adele medley that works so well!
  • Mike Tompkins - Do I really even need to explain this one? All vocals. Enough said.
  • Kina Grannis - Love the emotion she puts in her voice. Could do without all the talking at the end...
  • David Choi - Softer version, but still with a strong voice. More solemn than the original, although he got the words wrong...Also could do without the post-song discussion.
  • Travis Ratledge - A little weird to hear him singing in the higher key, but great voice!

DISLIKES (In case you want to listen to them and argue with me)
  • Mike Posner - Vocals aren't strong enough for such an emotional song, also got the words wrong.
  • Heather Traska - Gorgeous voice for ballads, RITD is too strong for her, kinda pitchy, plus annoying video editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment