The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the next 9(ish) months of my life until I present my senior project. The project I have chosen is an 18 outfit, 38 piece fashion line, which will be entirely designed and made by me.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Question of Edging...

Surprisingly, I've been more productive in regards to this project in the past few days than I expected. Using my ripped jeans, I drafted a basic wideleg jeans pattern (which I will test when I get home), cut out the pieces for the Black Satin 4 Square Dress, and tested some edging options for the same dress. True, the Black Satin 4 Square Dress was not hard to cut out (since it's literally only 4 squares), but progress is progress.

I now have another question to ask you all about options for the edging of the 4 square dress. I really loved the scallop edging on the Teal Satin Tank, and really want to use it again, but in reverse this time. I love that the little bites (I'm calling them bites) have a Gothic feel without making it look creepy. The fabric seems a little too thin for single layer stitching, though, so I'm probably going to have to get some embroidery stabilizer so they don't bunch up like this...




















The question now is what color of thread I should use...Teal or Black (yes, it's black; my phone distorted the colors again)? Feedback would be lovely. [Reminder: the belt will be in the teal satin; that's why I chose to do a teal edging test]

2 comments:

  1. I think the 2 different colors look cool...you plan to have both lines the same color? I guess I would lean towards black then.
    Loving the blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only going to be one line of edging stitching (I layered them so they'd both fit in the picture). I just can't decide if I want the edging to blend in with the fabric or stand out and match the belt.

    ReplyDelete